Junior Marketing Designer
Driversnote is a product-centric and profitable SaaS company based in the heart of the Copenhagen startup scene. We take pride in helping more than 1,6 million users in over 50 countries keep a mileage logbook. No one likes to do mileage documentation - so we try to remove this tedious work and make our customers’ work life simpler by saving them time and money.
We’re a small, very product-oriented team: 7 web & mobile developers, 3 UX designers & researchers, 2 product managers, 5 in marketing and 7 in operations & support.
To the majority of our users, Driversnote is first and foremost a free mobile app they find via App/Play store and install to get automated mileage tracking. They will often start out with motion-based tracking, become aware of free user limitations and become a paying customer on a subscription to remove limitations and get an iBeacon for improved tracking accuracy.
We have a B2C-like relationship with many of our users, but we are gradually moving more and more into the traditional B2B space with all that this entails of further product enhancements.
The way we work
We work in 6-week cycles, inspired by the Shape Up method, which our designers and developers use. For each 6-week cycle, besides daily operational tasks, we have planned projects for each member of the marketing team, which we aim to finish before the end of the cycle. Each 6-week cycle is followed by a 2-week cool-down period, where we try to dedicate more time for learning, have more time for our daily tasks, evaluate how we did and plan the next cycle.
We like to say that our unfair advantage is that we care more than our competition, and our users and customers tend to agree when they review our app, respond to NPS surveys and rate our support. We also care a lot about our employees, and between each cycle the entire company has a Team Health Check together, where we rate and discuss how we work together and thrive in our roles. We have a generous budget set aside for each employee to learn and develop, and we try to do a lot of fun stuff together.
Driversnote may be a small company, but we are available in 20+ markets and we localise for every single one of them. Additionally, our paid marketing channels require creative refreshes and updates frequently to keep our messaging fresh. Both the first touch, via ad banners or screens, but also subsequent touches like landing pages and emails.
Finally, we have 25+ Google Play Store and Apple App Store listings, where we want to update the preview screens and continually test out new screens. So we have a big need for frequent, new designs that are relevant to locals.
That's why we need you! We know the effect of good design and how it impacts ads and our product. As a full-time Junior Marketing Designer, you will be responsible for producing these elements, both working alone, but also working closely with the rest of the marketing team and our other designers.
As a Junior Marketing designer you’ll be working on:
- Design for paid marketing channels: This means creating, localising & versionizing marketing banners, images for paid marketing channels, visual elements for paid & owned landing pages.
- Landing page design: Continually ideate & iterate visual ways to A/B test on landing pages. This could be creating new elements for us to test with or ideating on new CTA banners for us to use.
- App store listings: The app store listings is where many possible new users are seeing us for the first time. We need someone who can update these listings with new screens to showcase the app on our Google Play and AppStore listings and iterate on these based on results from experiments.
You will be working closely together with the marketing team to set a direction for testing and optimization, but you will be responsible for progressing the art direction and keeping us on brand. You will collaborate daily with experienced product designers to help you grow your skill set to ensure your continuous development. As we are a scale up we preach freedom with responsibility as long as you can live up to it.
Examples of things you might work on:
- Design new images or banners for Instagram/Facebook ads.
- Make new or update existing screens for our different AppStore and Google Play listings in the US.
- Iterate on landing page designs for A/B testing.
- Create visual elements like banners, buttons or CTAs for pages or landing pages.
We expect that you:
- Have a portfolio that reflects your current skills and demonstrates your passion for design.
- Are, obviously, creative, possibly have web marketing experience and you enjoy being hands-on and working independently.
- Continually ideate & iterate visual ways to A/B test on landing pages & in AppStore in cooperation with paid marketing.
- Are comfortable working with Figma to create production-ready designs.
- Structured and can manage to keep track of multiple variants of designs across multiple platforms and markets.
- Are an eager learner. You love reading and easily get inspired e.g. by books you’ve read. And you’re able to quickly accumulate knowledge about e.g. the business, the market, our customers etc.
Look here for bonus points:
- You have experience with creating short-form animated videos for app previews & social.
- You have experience with creating landing pages in landing page builders.
- Have an understanding of the fundamentals of design systems.
What we believe in
Vision & mission: We work to eliminate work-life hassles to let people focus on what matters. Today, that means removing the pain and trivial work of handling mileage, while providing peace of mind that nothing is forgotten and all rules are followed.
Product-led: We focus our work on the end-user and optimise for bottom-up adoption. People's use of our product is what leads to our growth. We sell through our product and as self-service. We invest in customer success instead of outbound sales. Our marketing is focused on people with a need, leading them to the product.
Lean & data-driven: We try to get a deep understanding of the problems we’re solving. But we also acknowledge that we often can’t predict the outcome of our work. So we believe in an experiment-based approach to product development with short build-measure-learn cycles. For this reason, we also don’t believe in detailed plans for more than 3 months ahead.
Long-term & compounding: We invest in things that will have a continuous return and compound. We e.g. prefer a 1% improvement of activation rate over a €100k deal. We’re self-funded, so we don’t stress about the next funding round, and take the time to go into depth with our work.
What we offer
At Driversnote you will be part of a team composed of talented people that are fun to be around. You will have ample opportunity to influence decisions at all levels, and we hope we can both teach you something and learn something new from you. We have a new spacious office on Skelbækgade where we enjoy a great freshly cooked lunch every day, as well as networking and partying with other startups when times allow. Since many of us have spouses and kids that we enjoy spending time with, we can honestly say that we offer a healthy work-life balance along with a competitive salary and all the benefits you would expect.
How to apply
Email us at email@example.com with the subject “Junior Marketing Designer”. Tell us why you’re the one for us and please provide a CV and portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created such as banners, mobile screens, marketing materials, and style guides. For further information, please contact Kristian Toft Brusvang (+45) 20 40 32 37.